CARING, Connected, Automated, Resilient, and Intelligent Networks Group, develops scalable optimization algorithms, simulation models, and data analytics to address grand engineering challenges focusing on societal needs. We are motivated to understand how decision-makers’ behavior, coupled with exogenous and endogenous uncertainties, impacts the design and operations of complex and adaptive systems. Research interests include game theory (non-cooperative and cooperative), simulation (agent-based, system dynamics, discrete events), network optimization, and machine learning with applications in resilient infrastructure systems, sustainable water systems, and smart and connected communities. We often collaborate across disciplines including computer science, civil and environmental engineering, social science, and geoinformation science.
The Mohebbi Research Lab is affiliated with the Department of Systems Engineering and Operations Research, Department of Computer Science, Department of Civil, Environmental, and Infrastructural Engineering, and Center for Resilient and Sustainable Communities (C-RASC) at George Mason University.
- Dr. Mohebbi along with PhD student Babak Aslani and MSc student Mark Herman Dsouza received the 2023 Best Track Paper Award of IISE Modeling and Simulation Division. Congratulations to the team!
- PhD student Babak Aslani received the IISE Fellows William Biles, Hamid Parsaei, and Victor Zaloom Endowed Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year. Congratulations!
- Dr. Mohebbi has been elected as President-elect / President for the IISE Modeling & Simulation Division.
- Dr. Mohebbi is the co-chair of the “Environment, Sustainability & Resilience” track at the 2023 Winter Simulation Conference. [Read more]
- MSc student Mark Herman Dsouza successfully defended his thesis. Congratulations!
- PhD student Babak Aslani received C-RASC Transdisciplinary Graduate Research Fellowship (2022-2023) at George Mason University. Congratulations!
- PhD student Peng Ren received George Mason University’s prestigious Presidential Scholarship. Congratulations and Welcome!
- Dr. Mohebbi is co-organizing the 5th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Advances in Resilient and Intelligent Cities (ARIC). [Read more]
- Dr. Mohebbi and MSc student Mark Herman Dsouza were invited to present their work, as the featured research project, for the quarterly ABC-UTC research seminar series. [Read more]
- Mohebbi Research Lab received a new collaborative NSF grant. [Read more]
- Dr. Mohebbi was invited to present in the IE Seminar Series at Lamar University.
- Dr. Mohebbi was invited to present in the IE Seminar Series at University of Pittsburgh. [Read more]
- Dr. Mohebbi was featured in IISE Modeling and Simulation Division’s newsletter. [Read more]
- PhD student Babak Aslani received C-RASC’s Transdisciplinary Graduate Research Fellowship (2021-2022) at George Mason University. Congratulations! [Read more]
- Dr. Mohebbi presented our research on game theory and infrastructures resilience in an invited session at the 22nd Conference of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies. [Read more]
- Our research paper on enhancing coordination in consolidated hospital systems is selected by the editor-in-chief to be featured in the Aug. 2020 issue of IISE magazine. [Read more]